With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I know a lot of us are looking for cute, budget-friendly outfits and/or accessories. I got you, girl!!
Tell me, what are you planning on doing for Valentine’s Day? My hubby and I are total homebodies, so we’ll probably stay in. I’m already thinking of what the menu should be for the night because even though we’ll be home, I still don’t want it to be like every other night, you know? Hmm… I’ll have to keep thinking of yummy recipes and maybe I’ll share what I come up with. 🙂 Anyways, back to outfit inspiration. Leave a comment below, I’d love to chat and hear what you’ll be doing on V-Day!!
For Valentine’s Day, or any occasion really, I LOVE to wear a good statement piece. Whether that’s my shoes, a fun play on colors with my outfit, or the perfect accessory. Jewelry is such a simple but great way to make a statement, and it’s usually one of the most affordable ways to pull a look together!
- Forever 21 Heart Pendant Necklace: Love how dainty this necklace is! And the little diamonds give it a touch of sparkle.
- Amazon Me&Hz Colorful Layered Tassel Earrings Bohemian Dangle Drop Tiered Tassel Druzy Stud Earrings Women Gifts: I’m a fan of the tassel earring trend. I don’t know what it is, but wearing these light, dangly pieces make me feel extra feminine and pretty. 🙂
- Baublebar Vitina Heart Drop Earring: Speaking of feminine and pretty, can we please take a moment of silence for these red heart earrings from Baublebar? … I don’t think I have much to say about these beauties that isn’t already self-explanatory. They’re gorgeous and they scream Valentine’s Day. I feel like they’re a necessity! Lol!
No one really needs an excuse to go all out with their makeup, but in case you do need an occasion, Valentine’s Day is a good one. 😉
- Nordstrom Yves Saint Laurent Heart and Arrow Rouge Volupte Shine Collector Oil-in-Stick Lipstick: Personally, I haven’t tried YSL lipsticks, but this packaging is totally cute (I mean gold with hearts, c’mon)! I just had to add it. This shade is so pretty too!
- Nordstrom Rack Urban Decay Smokey Eye Palette: If there’s ever a time for a smokey eye, it’s for date night. So naturally, I had to include this infamous palette into the mix! I am a big fan of Urban Decay eye shadows and have been for years. This palette is perfect for creating a soft smokey eye or an all-out-glam smokey eye, whichever fits your style!
- NYX professional liquid-suede lipstick in the shade kitten heels: A red lip is the perfect way to make a statement. This is my absolute favorite red liquid lipstick from the drugstore! When I wear this shade, 100% of the time and without fail, I am complimented. I don’t know what it is about this shade but girlfriend, it’s good. Lol! It applies so smoothly, lasts forever, and it’s mostly non-transferring… and it’s so inexpensive. What more could a girl ask for?
As you can see, I’m a crossbody bag’s #1 fan! As I was putting this together, I didn’t even realize that I had picked out only this style. Lol! I think it’s because it’s so effortless and practical. 🙂
- DSW Urban Expressions Hester Crossbody Bag: A nude bag is everything. A nude, crossbody bag, come to mama! 😀
- T.J.Maxx Emperia Small Quilted Crossbody: I like how dainty this bag is and it’s black, so it’s totally versatile.
- T.J.Maxx Bebe Sophia Crossbody: A little red action! I love the herringbone pattern.
You want to elevate an outfit without really having to put much thought into it? Then adding the perfect shoe as your staple piece is the way to go.
- DSW Essex Lane Vera Pump: The perfect black pump! The open side and pointy toe exudes sophistication.
- DSW Calvin Klein Kirsten Pump: Omg, when I saw these, I literally sighed out loud. I love them. The luscious cognac color, the suede fabric, the almond-shaped toe, the heel height…. y’all this shoes is classy. It’s perfection in every sense of the word.
- Amazon Steve Madden Women’s Declair Dress Sandal: A strappy red heel? Yes, please!!! I like that these have a chunky heel and that the front strap isn’t too thick, but that the ankle strap is thin. The proportions are on point!
- Nordstrom Rack Marc Fisher LTD Sheen Loafer Mule: I’m not normally a loafer mule kinda gal (totally wish I was though). However, these pretty things were just too sleek not to feature. I love the suede, the deep red color, the way the side of the shoe is designed. I can definitely picture these dressing up a pair of jeans with a 3/4 length sleeve, button down, white shirt. So chic!
Comfy & Cozy
I love getting dolled up, but let’s be real…. I’m most comfortable at home in my cozies. 😉 These options are clear indicators that you can still be cute while in the comfy zone.
- Target Nite Gear Women’s Kiss Me Cozy Pajama Set: How adorable is this pajama set?!?! So cute and girly, I love it!
- Target Women’s Cozy Valentine’s Day Crew Socks – Gray/Pink: The comfiest heart socks in all the land!!
- Nordstrom PJ Salvage Amour Tank: How cute is this tank though? You can totally lounge in it, or you can throw on a jean jacket and some [slightly ripped] jeans with slip-on shoes and wa-la…. casual chic V-Day outfit 😉
Speaking of casual chic, these pieces would be perfect for a day date!! They’re feminine but still relaxed. Aside from being 100% adorable, each of these pieces are super affordable too!
- Kohl’s Women’s LC Lauren Conrad Graphic Tee: A little eyelash and lip love. How girly, right? 🙂
- Target Women’s High-Rise Raw Hem Skinny Jeans – Universal Thread™ Pink: Pink jeans?! Sign me up! I’m for sure grabbing a pair of these for myself. I’m a HUGE fan of the Universal Thread jean line. I feel like they’re good quality, fit is true to size, and they’re affordable. Win-win across the board!
- Target: Women’s Short Sleeve My Dog Is My Valentine Graphic T-Shirt – Grayson Threads (Juniors’) Pink: Any doggy mommas out there? I just couldn’t resist including this precious tee. 😀
- Target Women’s High-Rise Skinny Jeans – Universal Thread™ Medium Wash: I like how these jeans are lightly distressed. It adds an element of texture to your outfit without going overboard or freezing your knee caps (you know the excessively ripped jeans I’m talking about – LOL!)
Are you planning on going out for a fancy cocktail with your man or your girlfriends? I paired the first two pieces together with the working professional gal in mind. I think this outfit would be the perfect work-to-nighttime look – classy and sophisticated. In my opinion, the second two pieces give off an effortless but edgy feel.
- Express Short Puff Sleeve Tee: So silky smooth looking, and the puffed sleeves add a sweet note to this chic top.
- Loft Slim Tie Waist Pull on Pants: I’m obsessed with these stylish pants! The bow adds the perfect touch. I would absolutely pair this with the black Essex Lane Vera pumps from DSW.
- Express Heart Charm Zip Front Downton Cami: This cami is sleek and effortless. Throw on a fur coat or leather jacket and you are all set. I’m not sure how much you can tell from this picture, but there’s an actual heart for the zipper. Such a cute detail!
- Nordstrom Rack Hue Leatherette Faux Leather Leggings: Okurrrr!!! That’s how I feel about these faux leather leggings! Hah! They’re amazing and an absolute fashion statement.
The ultimate date night dress options! As you can see, I have a love for lace. Lol! Honestly, I just feel like lace is forgiving, it’s feminine, and it’s timeless. But I threw in a sequin number at the end too, in case that’s more your thing. 😉
- Amazon Miusol Women’s Vintage Floral Lace 2/3 Sleeve Bridesmaid Party Dress: This reminded me of a gorgeous self-portrait dress I once saw. It’s just beautiful! The little details (i.e., bell-sleeve, nude underlay) really make the dress stand out.
- Amazon Miusol Women’s Retro Floral Lace Slim Evening Cocktail Mini Dress: I really am a sucker for lace. This dress hugs your curves in all the right places but is still classy.
- Amazon ANGVNS Women Elegant Long Sleeve Sleeveless Fit and Flare Party Cocktail Swing Mini Lace Dress with Lining: It’s cold in February for a lot of women, so the long-sleeves are nice! I can see this dress pairing perfectly with black tights and heels or black booties, or thigh-high, suede black boots.
- Express Olivia Culpo Surplise Sequin Dress: Affordable? Not really. Cute? Yassss!!! This pink sequined dress is just so flirty and fun! Express does have coupons/sales quite often, so it can totally be snagged for less than retail price for sure.
Phew… that was FUN! I so enjoyed putting this V-Day outfit inspo list together, and I hope you enjoyed reading it. 🙂 Let me know in the comments below what your plans are for Valentine’s Day. I’d love to know!