Happy July 1st, friends! I don’t know about you, but with all this extra time due to COVID-19, I’ve been whipping up lots of different desserts lately, like this Blueberry Crumble for two recipe. There’s something about fresh berries and sugar baked together that’s just magical, don’t you think? 💙
I had extra blueberries after making my puppy a dog-friendly cake for his 6 month birthday (yes, I’m that fur mama). 😜 Anyways, instead of freezing them, I thought I’d look up a dessert recipe that I could use them in. I found this recipe for two on Pinterest from Bake or Break. It took no time at all and was super tasty! Scroll down below for the recipe and be sure to let me know if you try out the recipe for yourself. Enjoy!
Blueberry Crumble for Two is a sweet berry treat to share with your favorite dessert partner. They’re easy to make and full of wonderful flavor!“BAKE or BREAK | July 31, 2018
~ R E C I P E ~
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons oats
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE FILLING:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the blueberries, sugar, vanilla, and cornstarch.
- Divide the mixture between two 6- to 8-ounce capacity baking dishes.
- INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE TOPPING & ASSEMBLE
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add the butter, and mix with a fork, a pastry blender or your fingers until the mixture forms crumbs.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the top of the filling. Placed the baking dishes on a lined, rimmed baking sheet to catch any potential spills.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the topping has browned and the filling is bubbly.